No on Prop 16 Campaign to Feature High School Students and Community Leaders in Rallies Across California
For October 16, 2020
SAN DIEGO, CA – October 16, 2020 –Californians for Equal Rights, the No on Prop 16 campaign, will host rallies in four California cities to highlight the voices of young students and community advocates in support of equality under the law. The rallies will take place in Los Angeles, Irvine, Cupertino, and Walnut Creek on Friday, October 16, at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
The courageous young leaders will discuss their dreams and aspirations, as well as the negative potential impact of Proposition 16. In a sea of political propaganda and multi-million-dollar media buys to sway voter opinion toward racial preferences, these courageous voices will highlight what is true and good about the American Dream and the foundational values of this country.
No on Prop 16 president Ward Connerly will join the students and community advocates for a virtual rally afterwards at 7:00 p.m. He will offer opening remarks and take questions from the press.
The in-person rallies at 5:00 p.m. will strictly observe social-distancing rules. We cordially invite friends of the press to attend the events in your respective local areas and join us online at 7:00 p.m. for the virtual rally.
Please see below for details:
- In-Person Rallies, Friday, 10/16/2020, 5:00 p.m. PDT
- Irvine – Bill Barber Memorial Park
- Los Angeles – Walnut Creekside Park
- Cupertino – Cupertino City Hall
- Walnut Creek- Walnut Creek Civic Park
2. Follow-Up Virtual Rally, Friday, 10/16/2020, 7:00 p.m. PDT
- Join via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/96488969506?pwd=ekVYL0ErdE9WeHZINmZDd3ByeTNDdz09
- Webinar ID: 964 8896 9506
- Passcode: 189860